Monthly Youth Newsletter - Click here
JUNE 1 - 4, 2018
First Presbyterian Church of Lancaster Kids Club Camp was the first week of June this summer. We loved seeing everyone back again this year plus some new faces.
You can follow us on Facebook to see the fun pictures and videos from 2018 camp: https://www.facebook.com/kidsclubcamp2018/
SHIPWRECKED! VBS - Jun 18-22, 2018
A week of fun and fellowship where kids discovered how Jesus rescues them.
When you are lonely...Jesus rescues! When you worry...Jesus rescues! When you struggle...Jesus rescues! When you do wrong...Jesus rescues! When you're powerless...Jesus rescues!
As a mission the First Presbyterian’s Youth Ministry is to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with teenagers within the Lancaster and Fairfield County area. Our goal through sharing the Good News is to help teens understand that God is calling them to have an everyday growing relationship with Him. Through that relationship we guide and encourage them to share Jesus with others.
Our regular events mix fun with worship, discussion, and games that foster a deeper relationship with God. Other opportunities offered throughout the year are service projects, mission trips and retreats. Through these events we show the teens what it means to be the hands and feet of Jesus in our community. Every event has a goal and purpose that invites the Holy Spirit to preside over the event and reveal something new to all of us.
The middle school program is for all students in grades 6 through 8 and meets each Wednesday from 6:00 to 8:00p. High School students in grades 9 through 12 meet Sunday evenings from 6:00 to 8:00p. All meetings are held in the Youth Room accessed by the Broad Street entrance.
Youth ministry questions and inquiries may be directed to the office. Check out the Youth Group Facebook page. You may also follow us on our Twitter page. Weekly updates, information and events are posted to keep you in the know.
DDL CLEAN UP DAY!
Special thanks to everyone who helped with Destination Downtown Lancaster's clean up day. Click the photos for more info.
Youth Mission Statement
1. We believe the Bible is God's word and the final authority in our lives. (John 17:17, 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
2. We believe we are all born sinners and cannot save ourselves.
(Psalm 51: 5, Ephesians 2:1-3, Romans 1:18)
3. We believe salvation is found through faith in Jesus Christ who takes away our sins. (Ephesians 1:7, Colossians 1:13-14)
4. We believe salvation is only accomplished by Christ's life, death, and resurrection. (John 14:6, 1Corinthians 15:3-8)
5. We believe in the life-changing power of the Holy Spirit that brings people to God. (Isaiah 11:2, John 3:5, John 14:26) `
6. We believe our lives should, with the help of the Holy Spirit, be focused on God's will and His commandments. (Galatians 2:20, Colossians 3:1-2)
7. We believe Jesus will return to save us and restore this fallen world. (Matthew 24:29-31, Matthew 24:44, Revelation 22:12)
Youth Sunday School meets every Sunday at 10:00a in the Youth Room.